FORUMS: list search recent posts

Field recording hardware on a budget

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luno Valetti
Field recording hardware on a budget
on Jul 27, 2009 at 2:56:36 pm

Greetings all,

Have a rookie question but hey I'm honest...So essentially I want to do some field recording and I have approx E500 to invest. However, I want whatever recorder I get to be versatile enough to be used to record for short films/documentarys and also as a portable guitar/instrument recorder....obviously I know one answer opens up a lot of other questions and there's so much out there... I guess I just looking for some knowledgeable advice.... Have been looking at the following.....
Marantz PMD661
Zoom H4
...anything else I should consider

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: Field recording hardware on a budget
on Jul 28, 2009 at 9:16:54 pm

I have firsthand experience with the Zoom H4n (the newer one) and it was really great for getting sound effects and recording music, etc. I would not recommend it strictly for recording audio for film/video simply because that is something that you should really have purpose-built gear for.

I'm sure others have recommendations, but I would look into Sound Devices eventually.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Luno Valetti
Re: Field recording hardware on a budget
on Jul 28, 2009 at 9:41:47 pm

Thanks for the reply,

yeah think I got the cart before the horse on my question, leaning toward the H4 for my own music and then just investing in better mics and accessories (new cradles, wind shields etc) for film use. Seems to be no device, that I can find anyways, that does both straight to camera and flashdrive recording. The Sound Devices gear looks great though but it's a little out of my spending league at the moment...the Azden FMX-32 looks good though, and cheap, I've read some very good reviews, anyone have some experience with it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]