FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio reducing echo

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zeban bloch
audio reducing echo
on Jul 25, 2009 at 8:44:18 pm

i was recording in a church and have a heavy echo how can i get rid of this echo or to reduce it to minimum . iam editing with premiere pro 3 thankes in advance
zeban

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: audio reducing echo
on Jul 26, 2009 at 3:17:18 am

Hello Zeban and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum,

Sadly there is no cure for that disease except the reshoot filter.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jul 27, 2009 at 8:51:35 am

Were your mics too far away?
Theres nothing wrong with big reverb in a big church, Our ears expect to hear this, if we can see the environment. Where it becomes a problem is if the mics are too distant. Always get your mics in close (a couple of feet) and for dialogue preferably within a foot.

But as Ty says, you cant get rid of it. Its like a cup of tea. if you dont want sugar in it, dont put it in, but you cant remove it later - (unless youre a molecular scientist) only make a fresh cup
Peter

Peter

Return to posts index

Russ Fairley
on Jul 4, 2011 at 5:35:08 pm

I've found this to be true as well. The only saviour, is a client who likes music under their audio. It can hide a bit of that echo.

One tip - I've found that shooting in foreign environments (offices, clinics, etc.) can mean naturally occurring audio issues, even when shooting with relatively high-end lavaliers (G3s, etc.).

My recommendation is to try to dampen your environment if it is at all possible.

I have a couple of cheap background stands that I try to set up on either side of my subject at about their height out of the view of the camera, and I drape background fabric or other fabrics (heavier is better) to try to stop echoes and other annoyances.

I'm sure there are plenty of tricks, but this has worked for me pretty well. :)

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jul 4, 2011 at 6:26:25 pm

This just in,

A new plugin called De-Verb will reduce reflected sound to some degree.

SPL makes it.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Cow Audio Forum Leader
Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]