FORUMS: list search recent posts

EW100 Auto Gain?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Kunitz
EW100 Auto Gain?
on Jun 25, 2009 at 1:36:50 pm

Hello, I've been helped enormously over the past year simply by reading posts (though mostly on the XDCAM forum). Now, finally, I need to come out of the closet and ask a question.

I'm following an organic farm here in Maine through a year. For obvious reasons I'm the entire crew. I've been using a EW100 and an Azden 'shotgun' which I've just replaced with a used 416. The farm is on a main road and even when we are away from the road, diesel tractors are going all the time. When I interview someone with the wireless, I constantly get a level increase with road or engine noise between phrases. I've checked the AGC button on the camera and it is in the off position. I've also checked the menu in the camera and the Sony and Sennheiser manuals. The built in mics don't do this; neither of the wired mics do this. Any thoughts on where to look to get rid of this constant variation in level?

Thank you.

Bill Kunitz

Mac Pro; Macbook Pro; 10.5.7
EX1, rev. 1.5; Sennheiser EW1, 416
FCP 6.0.5

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: EW100 Auto Gain?
on Jun 25, 2009 at 5:41:00 pm

Hi Bill-

The only auto gain control would be on the camera. Make sure the switches are in the "manual" mode and not "auto". Do you have both channels in "manual" mode or just one? These are the only AGC controls on the EX-1.

Dave J

Return to posts index

Bill Kunitz
on Jun 25, 2009 at 8:09:47 pm

Dave,

That's what I thought - that the only control was on the camera, not on the wireless. I'll check it again. I DID find it switched on once and now I'm wondering if I'm brushing it against my shoulder or bumping it just by handling it. The switch is tiny and in a vulnerable place.

Thanks for your response.

Bill

Mac Pro; Macbook Pro; 10.5.7
EX1, rev. 1.5; Sennheiser EW1, 416
FCP 6.0.5

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Jun 26, 2009 at 4:51:37 pm

There might be companding issues with the wireless kit. Take your question to the Sennheiser website if you find your problem continues even when the AGC is disabled.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]