FORUMS: list search recent posts

pro tools vs Audition? Help

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lou cann
pro tools vs Audition? Help
on Jun 24, 2009 at 6:55:28 pm

Hi
Audio is not my thing however I can clean up a noisy track if needed.
Recenlty I had a friend give me the audio from a moive which was shot outside nyc with a boom. The cuts from one scene to another were very "ambient city" but the noise was not just volume changes, they were quality changes as well. I tried for 3 weeks to fix it and alhough it sounded better, it sounded very processed and filtered.
Almost sounding electronical. He gave the raw audio to a NYU student and within 7 days he have a PERFECT sounding audio track.
He said the kid used PRO TOOLS?
Now I used audition & sound booth and I tried just about every filter I could find.
How did he clean this audio so good?? Are there filters in pro tools that are better than Audition or is it that I suck at it?

Thanks,
Lou

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: pro tools vs Audition? Help
on Jun 25, 2009 at 3:31:42 am

Hello Lou and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum,

Pro Tools LE has NR as an option. It's pretty good. I use Izotope RX as a PTLE plugin and like it as well, maybe better.

No way to say how you stack up against the other guy.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Jun 25, 2009 at 5:18:32 am

Ty, I have never had any first-hand experience with Izotope RX...how do you feel it compares to other restoration tools? It seems like it is able to be very precise and accurate (though I'm sure there are more settings than "point and click").

The demo video was quite impressive.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jun 25, 2009 at 12:42:32 pm

Isotopes demo vid IS impressive. Youd expect it to be. But I (like TY) do find it to be an impressive restoration tool.

Not to bad mouth Audition, but theres no comparison against something like pro Tools In my opinion.
Peter

Dubbing mixer

Peter

Return to posts index

Greg Curda
on Jun 25, 2009 at 12:58:19 pm

Hi Lou,

Can you post a sample of the track, raw and processed?

I would love to hear this. I don't claim to be a digital expert by any means, but I've never heard any noise removal, or restoration plugin that didnt leave very audible artifacts... I would love to be wrong on this, and would consider it a great joy to be exposed to something that really works...

Thanks,

G

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jun 25, 2009 at 1:09:07 pm

and, the NR in Soundtrack Pro can be very effective. The GUI needs to be better.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

lou cann
on Jun 26, 2009 at 1:32:56 am

HI greg,
Yes I could send you an audio
Where do I send it?

Return to posts index

Greg Curda
on Jun 26, 2009 at 7:08:48 am

Hi Lou,

email: greg@gefhgroup.com

And please tell me what plug ins were used... I'm an old analogue guy who still does things pretty much by the book, and I never rely on a plug-in to get me out of a jam...but I would love to be converted!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]