FORUMS: list search recent posts

TC transcription mp3 files

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Probyn
TC transcription mp3 files
on Jun 18, 2009 at 10:13:33 pm

Hi there

I recorded audio to channel 1 and TC from the camera on channel 2 ,using Trew audio Y transcription cable.to Olympus LS10.MP3 format

So far so good.. I then sent them to prod company by yousendit... all received OK.

But they have been told some addition software is needed in the field to see TC.Anyway the prod co cant see the TC from the files I sent,although you can hear it and its definitely there..

I thought sending the file would be ok??? any ideas..

Thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: TC transcription mp3 files
on Jun 18, 2009 at 11:42:40 pm

You will need some sort of reader to display what is recorded on the t/c track. Maybe a Pro. video machine or Pro. camera.
Or you may want to try this software download
http://www.autocaption.com/download_dynacaption.html
I don't know much about the software but it's worth a try.

The difference between Knowledge and Wisdom is... Knowledge is the knowing of facts.... Wisdom is the sensible application of good quality knowledge...

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Jun 19, 2009 at 1:04:06 am

Hi there

Thanks for your reply.Iam the camera guy and have in the past just emailed off the files.. the reading etc is done at the other end.. the prod company got this reply from a transcription place..

In order to create MP3 files with timecode, the sound engineers require a broadcast wave file recorder. With this device, timecode can be recorded from the camera from the unit’s internal time code generator. Most broadcast wave file recorders record wave files only which enables multi-media to be recorded at the same time. There are some new devices on the market that now record time stamped MP3 files but in this instance it can only record the MP3 format to single media, not multi-media as you can with broadcast wave file devices. If he has a device that records MP3s which are timestamped, he can upload these direct to my website.

Never heard this before? I have the right cable,designed for the LS10.. I record ,I send off the files.. then its dealt with at the other end.Or am I missing something here..????

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jun 19, 2009 at 1:42:08 am

Robin,

What is the production company attempting to see the files with?

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Jun 19, 2009 at 3:24:29 am

Hi there

Iam not sure.Mainly I just want to establish that the form in which I have recorded is correct.. which I believe it is.. and that the other end so to speak..deals with the rest..also I,d like to advise them how to do it ofcourse..

Trew sound trans cable to LS10 MP3 ..separate tracks.. is this not the standard procedure ..

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]