FORUMS: list search recent posts

bluray sound sync

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Isser
bluray sound sync
on Jun 16, 2009 at 5:21:22 pm

Hi, I apologize first off that this is a little off topic, but hopefully it will give way to some helpful advice and discussions.

Just bought the Samsung HT-BD1250, which is bluray and home theater for my panasonic 42" 1080p plasma tv. After hooking it up, I noticed that the audio is lagging behind the video. Samsung has a built in feature that allows you to adjust the audio delay, which I set as low as was available, 0. However, the first dvd I put in was still lagging by about 7 or 8 frames. The second dvd I put in was much better at about 1-3 frames behind. I spoke to Samsung support who couldn't have cared less and told me to reset the machine. Pretty sure I won't get much luck out of that, but I can't be expected to live like this right? I still need to test it out with a bluray disc, but I can't imagine it being any better.
I'm pretty sure I just need a way to speed up the audio data rate, but not sure how I could do that. Anyone have any creative ideas/fixes?
thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
Re: bluray sound sync
on Jun 16, 2009 at 6:25:54 pm

Dave,

Don't know anything about the particular gear you are looking at, but it sounds like the audio decoder is maybe causing the audio to be behind by taking a few frames to decode it? If there's no way to change that, then a possible solution might be to put a delay on the video so that they match. Ain't technology wonderful?!?!?

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

David Isser
on Jun 16, 2009 at 6:51:05 pm

thanks Rob, yeah I have a few more things to test, but that's definitely one option I was thinking about. How would you suggest I go about doing that?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jun 18, 2009 at 1:28:30 pm

Check if there's a delay setting in the plasma setup menu as well.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]