FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser ME2 Windscreen

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Simons
Sennheiser ME2 Windscreen
on Jun 11, 2009 at 8:02:37 pm

My question is this: I know that the furry windscreens are supposed to be the best, but when filming weddings and putting the mic on the groom, I don't love the look of them.

My question is this: between a good metal mesh screen and a good foam screen, is one better than the other?

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: Sennheiser ME2 Windscreen
on Jun 12, 2009 at 4:29:31 am

Well, I think that there may be a difference between the two types.

The foam covers, to me, seem more like windscreens - to stop rumble from the wind. They are similar to shockmounts for mics that reduce the vibrations from handling the boom.

The metal ones function more as "pop guards", for stopping plosives (quick, fast transients) from getting through to the element.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Greg Curda
Re: Sennheiser ME2 Windscreen
on Jun 24, 2009 at 2:28:27 pm

Try a combo...use the metal screen first, then find a thin foam that's big enough to fit over the metal screen. It might be a little bigger than you want, but it will thwart the casual breeze, and if you get a few colors, you might be able to match wardrobe convincingly. High or constant wind is another story...gotta move to a windjammer, or hide inside clothing. You might get lucky if the wind is at their back...

for foam: http://www.markertek.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]