FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speaker Position

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Sticht
Speaker Position
on Jun 3, 2009 at 9:17:31 pm

I have a client that wants speakers installed directly across from one another and i cant get them to budge. Basically in opposite corners of the room. What major issues will this cause with audio quality?

Thanks,
Fritz

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Speaker Position
on Jun 4, 2009 at 3:46:01 am

Hello Fritz and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

What's the application?
What are the speakers?
What are the dimensions of the room?
Will they be wall mounted, ceiling nounted, stand mounted?
What else is in the room?
What do they want to do with this system?
Why do they want to do this?

Regards,

Ty

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

William Sticht
on Jun 4, 2009 at 1:16:10 pm

Thank you for your response. This a banquet hall. The room is quite large, but the dance floor area is about 30 feet x 70 feet at one end of the room. The dance floor is raised with the ceiling (dropped ceiliing) about 9 ft high. the speakers are bose 802. These will be wall mounted in the opposite corners. There are floor to ceiling mirrors on the "back wall". My concern is that having the speakers pointing at each other will create acoustical anamolies as the sound waves collide and the delay that you may experience when you are not equidistant from each speaker. Hopefully this makes sense.

Fritz

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jun 4, 2009 at 1:34:10 pm

That would not be a concern.

Please go back and read my questions again and provide more information.

What audio will be routed to these monitors?

Thanks,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Jun 4, 2009 at 5:17:54 pm

I'd say with Bose speakers, even if you put them in a perfectly ideal location, you'd still have weird frequency anomalies at different points in a listening room. They are designed with all sorts of sound refractors in the cabinets so that the sound psychoacoustically appears to emanate from everywhere. That said, I think you could put those speakers anywhere in the room and it wouldn't make much difference - the response would be roughly the same. It might be wise if the room is large to sum whatever the playback is to mono before it goes out to the speakers. That way whoever is on one side of the room wouldn't just hear the "left" channel...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]