FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Sweetening Setup

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Elder
Audio Sweetening Setup
on Jun 2, 2009 at 4:41:45 pm

Hi,

I work with a production company, and we are searching for different audio sweetening setups. We are a Final Cut Edit Solution, we will be setting up our office with an XSAN/Final Cut Server solution to manage our content, and we are looking to upgrade our Audio Sweetening solution.

So what should I look for when I'm configuring this setup, we want a decent to good configuration for this setup? We are looking at both the Logic & Pro Tools solution, knowing that Pro Tools is the king in this arena, is it good with the Final Cut Workflow? Is logic capable of doing the job we need it to do, or is it go Pro Tools or go home? Any advice would help, and our price point on all of this is a decent to good price point, so let's not do overkill in that area.

Any advice would be helpful, and thanks in advance.

Best,

Daniel Elder
producer
http://www.luminair.com

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Audio Sweetening Setup
on Jun 2, 2009 at 9:43:21 pm

While there are a number of DAWs that will do the job, Pro Tools ensures you'll play nice with the rest of the world. You'll need some specialized plugins to go in and out of FCP easily. From the early 90s I worked with a Sonic Solutions DAW, but finally went to Pro Tools because I got tired of having to justify its use to prospects unfamiliar with it.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Daniel Elder
on Jun 5, 2009 at 2:06:21 pm

That's what I figured, I know there is Automatic Duck which goes to Pro Tools well, but what else is their that I need to get to make Pro Tools play nice with FCP?

Daniel Elder
producer
http://www.luminair.com

Return to posts index

Greg Curda
on Aug 2, 2009 at 4:24:47 am

Hi Daniel,

So much of this depends upon your intended workflow and what type of projects you are doing or planning to do.

If you get a PTLE system (less expensive), then you will definitely want the DV Toolkit. Most commercial sweetening can be accomplished with LE.

I suggest an in-depth discussion with a Digidesign rep to get the system that you need. Focus on best integration with FCP.

Return to posts index

Jon Howser
on Oct 9, 2010 at 4:44:09 pm

Hi, I found this thread and think my question falls under this topic. I use Vegas and Sound Forge and heard of some new plugins that are geared towards video editing - http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=11085

Are you guys familiar with these? Would they be a good improvement over the stock plugins that come with Sound Forge? The noise reduction tool looks especially appealing to me.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]