FORUMS: list search recent posts

UHF Wireless Mic interfering with tv

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Weagle
UHF Wireless Mic interfering with tv
on May 5, 2009 at 9:47:14 am

Hi everyone, I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong forum. I'm new here. I have a problem that I can't find an answer to. Maybe I'm just using the wrong search terms, but google has been no help either. I'm being harassed by my neighbor via what I'm pretty sure is a UHF wireless mic. Maybe it's not, but all the technology that I've looked at points to it. I use a Korean cable service (I'm in Seoul), and lately I've been able to hear my downstairs neighbor spewing profanity over the tv speaker. What happens is the volume drops to an almost radio quality, and then he does his thing for about 10 seconds or so. I know he can hear my tv, so he can find the channel I'm on. I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place to ask this. I just don't know what else to do to resolve this. Any help at all would be helpful.

Return to posts index

Sam Mallery
Re: UHF Wireless Mic interfering with tv
on May 5, 2009 at 2:35:18 pm

The easiest thing would be to ask your neighbor to switch frequencies so they don't interfere with your TV reception. Is your neighbor doing this intentionally?

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on May 5, 2009 at 8:03:14 pm

Hello Chris and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum,

I'd be pretty annoyed if I could hear my neighbor's TV. Perhaps that's why he's cursing. Why not turn your TV down to a level he can't hear? Have you talked to him about it?

Komapsumnida, (did I say that right?)

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Chris Weagle
on May 6, 2009 at 5:43:08 am

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the advice. I have attempted to contact him several times to try to work things out, but he won't answer his door. He's young, and he's having a blast screwing with his neighbor just because he can. My tv is set to a level that can only be overheard if someone works really hard to listen. I'm hoping to get a technical solution to this problem, or an explanation on how he's doing it (or a referral to a website) so that I can see if there's a way I can figure out my own solution.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on May 6, 2009 at 8:34:45 am

Hello Chris,

I don't know how the Korean TV stations use spectrum, but if they do it the way we do it in the US, they use the VHF and UHF bands. It would be difficult for him to cause problems on all of your stations with one wireless mic because most wireless mics are limited to some degree in their transmitting frequency.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Chris Weagle
on May 8, 2009 at 11:55:02 am

Thanks Ty, it is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]