FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio stereo, recorded on 1 chanel. A1 nothing!

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tielman Dewaele
audio stereo, recorded on 1 chanel. A1 nothing!
on May 4, 2009 at 10:42:30 pm

Hey,

Im working on edit in Final cut pro, where i suddenly noticed there is no audio in my left speaker. A1= no wave A2= wave (stereo)
So they recorded it wrong on 1 channel.
All the interview parts are like that. Is there a way to fix this problem. There is no option to re-record.
Can someone help me?

MacPro Intel Quad Core 7G Ram
MacBookPro Intel Duo Core 2G Ram

Cs4 Production Premium
Cinema4D
Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: audio stereo, recorded on 1 chanel. A1 nothing!
on May 5, 2009 at 12:19:28 pm

Hello Tielman and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum,

This is more a FCP question than an audio question.

Try unlinking the audio and tossing the unrecorded channel. Then you'll have a mono track. Use the MIXER console in FCP to pan the track to the center.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: audio stereo, recorded on 1 chanel. A1 nothing!
on May 8, 2009 at 3:42:19 pm

Eh!!!

re Im working on edit in Final cut pro, where i suddenly noticed there is no audio in my left speaker. A1= no wave A2= wave (stereo)

FCp doesnt record stereo. Only multiple mono tracks that CAN be paired together to give a stereo pair. Of its on 1 track only, it aint stereo.
Peter
Pan it centre and off you go. Theres no advantage in having 2 tracks of the same audio on any timeline, be it avid, fcp Pro tools etc. This is what the pan function is for. By dropping 1 leg and panning central you lessen the media in the project, and it means that you dont have to do editing on more legs than is necessary.

HOWEVER If the recordist was recording unique audio to each leg, then yes hes really screwed you over!

Peter
Dubbing Mixer

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]