FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding digital art files to a CD for Replication

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bradley Pearce
Adding digital art files to a CD for Replication
on Apr 28, 2009 at 7:49:27 pm

You know how you can rip CDs and get the album artwork with the rip? This is what I want to achieve. I have a cd that is very near completion with the audio and packaging design. Can anyone out there tell me how to make it so that this cd, after replication will be able to rip with its digital artfiles?

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: Adding digital art files to a CD for Replication
on Apr 28, 2009 at 11:41:54 pm

The artwork is not on the CD itself. It is submitted online just like the track and album information. When someone puts the CD into a program like iTunes, the CD information is collected and then the software looks for a match to it in the Gracenote database and pulls the track listings. I am not as familiar with this process for album art, but I do not nothing is on the CD itself.

I know that if you sell your music on iTunes, your album artwork is uploaded as part of your music files and then hosted in their database. I am not sure how to get it "up there" other than this.

Hope that helps with something! Let us know if you find a better answer as I would be curious what the answer to your question is.

Best of luck....

Return to posts index

Bradley Pearce
Re: Adding digital art files to a CD for Replication
on Apr 29, 2009 at 12:53:20 pm

Cool this answered my question. Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]