FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clean-up/Enhance an audio tape

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kendall
Clean-up/Enhance an audio tape
on Apr 27, 2009 at 1:10:27 pm

I had a customer call me today saying he had an audio tape that he needed "enhanced". Since we mostly deal with video and only have some basic audio tools I was wondering if any of you knew of any companies that did this exclusively.

He said he has a tape that was recorded from within someone's pocket (for whatever reason, I don't know) and it was difficult to understand a lot of what was said. He wanted to cut out some of the background noise and enhance the voices.

Let me know if there's a company you're aware of that can do this.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
Re: Clean-up/Enhance an audio tape
on Apr 27, 2009 at 4:51:50 pm

Shaun,

Actually there are a lot of companies that can do this. Any good audio editor with Sound Forge, Adobe Audition or other noise reduction tools should be able to reduce hiss, remove some of the unwanted background, and apply equalization to make the speech more intelligable. Without hearing it, I can't say how good it can be, but check around with audio companies. The levels of capabilities will vary all the way from "we only do rock and roll recordings", to someone with the noise reduction tools and knowledge, all the way to a "CSI" like forensic audio shop. Note that even forensic audio people can't just push one button and clear up all the sound like they do on "CSI", though :>)

Don't know where you are, but if you can't find someone locally, I would be happy to quote you some rates to take a stab at it.

Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Sean Kendall
on Apr 29, 2009 at 8:39:10 pm

Thanks for the reply, Rob. I was able to steer the guy toward a company I found online who has a "Certified Forensic Audio Expert" on staff. Seems like their specialty.

Thanks,
Shaun

Return to posts index

Randy Wheeler
on Apr 30, 2009 at 6:25:55 pm

I did a sample audio fix for someone on another thread here, sounds like some pretty basic stuff so you can contact me if they still need some help on it or the "forensic" guy doesn't do a good job:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/30/860474

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/30/860478

Randy

Return to posts index

David Morin
on Sep 8, 2011 at 6:56:42 pm

Rob,
I need you to please contact me I have a recording that I need enhanced and it looks like you can help or know someone that can. Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]