FORUMS: list search recent posts

do know of a plug-in that can. . .

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt cue
do know of a plug-in that can. . .
on Apr 13, 2009 at 5:47:00 pm

Hey I was wondering if any one knew of a plugin or program that can simulate a crowd chant. Say if you took one or a few people saying a name then it could take that recording and simulate it sounding like a large crowd / stadium saying that by duplicating, repitching the sample, and adding reverb.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: do know of a plug-in that can. . .
on Apr 13, 2009 at 6:32:40 pm

Hello Matt and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

No plug in that I know of.

I have manually done what you suggest with limited success.

Best of luck,

Ty Ford

::now beginning to work of the crowderizer plugin::

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Apr 14, 2009 at 4:46:00 am

This thread applies more to live sound, but you could make it fit your situation...

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/417170/16730/?srch=chant#msg_41...

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Apr 14, 2009 at 11:42:12 am

Jordan,

interesting. I took his question to mean he was trying to create the effect in postproduction.

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

JC Boulay
on Apr 14, 2009 at 4:14:01 pm

What you suggest takes a bit of work, but can be done very convincingly. I've had to do it for a few ads for a certain sports beverage that shall remain unnamed. You need enough different starting points, so tape each person using different voices. I processed the individual voices using Antares Harmony Engine, which lets you add duplicates, pitch shift them, pan them... a little goes a long way and it's easy to go overboard with this plug, especially on non-musical stuff. I then combined the individually treated voices together, panned them out, offset them in time, added reverb and delay to place everything inside a stadium and that was about it. The result worked very well in the midground, with music on top, but I wouldn't be comfortable pushing it to the foreground too much, as I can hear the processing. If I was to put it up front, I'd combine it with some crowd noises from the sound bank. If you put an expander on the generic crowd that is keyed by your recorded chant, the background will pulsate in unison.

So it can be done entirely in post, but there's no one plugin that will do everything for you. And a shame it would be if there was, as this is the really fun stuff!

JC Boulay
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]