FORUMS: list search recent posts

Visual Waveform Generator, Live Monitoring

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bea Copeland
Visual Waveform Generator, Live Monitoring
on Apr 8, 2009 at 8:53:40 pm

I want to create live audio waveforms. I have seen what is possible in After Effects and while that is visually what I want, I don't think it has the ability to record live. Is there a program or software that would be able to do this?

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: Visual Waveform Generator, Live Monitoring
on Apr 9, 2009 at 6:03:39 am

One way to do this is to use a signal generator (found in many DAW's), route it to an audio channel, and record it that way. You can sweep up and down and change the type of wave (sine, square, triangle, etc.). You won't get a perfectly swept wave, though, since the realm of digital uses sampling to encode audio. It will always be somewhat stepped in nature...though, if the sample rate is high enough (192kHz?) it wouldn't be too noticeable.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Randy Wheeler
Re: Visual Waveform Generator, Live Monitoring
on Apr 9, 2009 at 7:35:43 am

G-Force is a music visualization plug-in for media players that also visualizes auxiliary or "line-in" audio. G-Force features fast anti-aliased effects, millions of possible visual combinations, savable and scriptable effects, and unparalleled expandability. G-Force is designed to entertain you on its own, but there are many ways it can be customized and extended. G-Force has been described as "mind-blowing" and "legendary" in the press and by its many fans.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/

WhiteCap is a sleek and sophisticated music visualizer and screensaver that features futuristic, wireframe mesh visuals with dynamic backgrounds and colors.

WhiteCap contains thousands of visual combinations, real-time audio response, configurable on-screen menus, and an extensive library of visual content.

Continuously morphing stream of visual effects
Adjustable zoom, speed, and music response
Easy to install, easy to use

http://www.soundspectrum.com/whitecap/

Randy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]