FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to use MiPro MR-90, and wireless transmitters generally

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Gerard
How to use MiPro MR-90, and wireless transmitters generally
on Mar 29, 2009 at 2:12:48 am

Hi, I'm desperately looking for help figuring out how to get this wireless lav system working correctly.

Equipment is: MiPro MR-90, MiPro UHF ACT-707TE, and a MiPro lav microphone

I have a Panasonic HVX200, and use wired microphones all the time, this is my first foray into the world of wireless audio.

Basically I connected everything up the way that made sense, but I'm not getting any levels on the camera.
There are many settings on the MR-90 receiver that I'm not familiar with: Group, Channel, Squelch, Act.

I was thinking that a problem could be the receiver is set to a different channel or frequency than the transmitter, but I don't seem able to change the frequency on the receiver. The ACT-707TE has a sticker on the back that says "Freq. 6B" if that's some kind of indicator. The literature that came with the receiver was useless (probably because it assumed a basic understanding of wireless devices which I clearly lack!)

Anyone have any advice for how to get this MiPro setup working correctly?

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: How to use MiPro MR-90, and wireless transmitters generally
on Mar 29, 2009 at 11:04:26 pm

Hello John and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

A simple google search reveals this:

https://www.audiolines.com/product.php?productid=69527&cat=953&page=1

So 6b, is a range of frequencies.

MiPro is not considered pro level gear. I'm not familiar with it's operation. Perhaps you can find more operating instructions on their web site.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Mar 30, 2009 at 2:12:44 am

I tried digging around Mipro's website, as well as it's parent company's site, and wasn't able to find any links for user/operating manuals.

I would recommend that OP contact the company directly for information - they should be able to send you a PDF via e-mail and also help you with any questions you have, basic or advanced.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

John Gerard
on Mar 30, 2009 at 3:51:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestions Jordan and Ty. I haven't had much luck getting any useful info out of MiPro's web site. I sent them a couple emails asking for manuals, but haven't heard back yet.

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Apr 1, 2009 at 1:40:16 pm

John,

I would HIGHLY recommend you read up on the basics of wireless microphones. You don't have to know the theories and formulas behind RF transmission, interaction, etc. but you should know how to set up any wireless mic system - the basic rules don't change. You need to know what type of antennas your unit uses, how to correctly set the frequencies so that intermodulation distortion doesn't occur when using multiple mics, and how to correctly set your gain structure from the microphone all the way through to the end device, be it a camera or separate audio recorder.

Good luck and let us know if we can be of more assistance.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Robert Paterson
on Feb 23, 2011 at 10:32:00 am

Hi John,
Just came across your post, not sure if you got it sorted, but if not hope the following helps.
I've got 3 of these systems and have had no problems with them at all. They are quieter than a lot of the top manufacturers lower end products, e.g. sennheiser G2. If you google the Sennheiser EK3041, you may notice some similarities! Mipro are the OEM manufacturer for Beyerdynamic radios, and I know people who regularly use 32 of the ACT rackmount systems for musicals, completely interference free.
The principle of the ACT system is that it can scan the frequency band it is operating on, and will then select an interference free frequency (you can also manually select a frequency by selecting a group, then a channel). Once the frequency is selected, press the ACT button on the receiver, whilst holding a powered up transmitter with the ACT window (looks a bit like an IR window, and has ACT printed near it) within 20cm of the receiver ACT button. This will set the transmitter to the same frequency as the receiver, and hey presto!!!
If you would like me to, I can scan the manuals and e-mail them off to you. I also have the frequency chart, but this would only be relevant for the UK/Ireland.

All the best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]