FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tascam HD-P2 Timecode Question

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Buncher
Tascam HD-P2 Timecode Question
on Mar 16, 2009 at 7:25:36 pm

I recorded some dialogue on the HD-P2 which was jam- synced to timecode with a Aaton Option C timecode generater.

The files were conformed with the HD-P2 software on location and handed off to the director.

When the director drops these in different audio software programs the tmecode is not being recognized. He feels that the timecode is not there.

He has tried dropping the files in Nuendo, Vegas and Audition.

I know that the timecode is on the compact flash card in the HD-P2.

Is there anyone with experience recording timecode with the HD-P2 who might understand what is going on here?

Thanks
Bob

MacbookPro 2.33 2gb os 10.4.11
FCP 5.1.4 After Effects Bootcamp XPpro

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Tascam HD-P2 Timecode Question
on Mar 16, 2009 at 8:21:57 pm

Hi Bob and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum,

Someone may chime in here. If they don't I'd check with Tascam or with the newsgroup rec.arts.movies.production.sound

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Robert Buncher
on Mar 18, 2009 at 9:49:14 pm

Ty,

Thanks for the RAMPS suggestion. I have read posts on RAMPS before but had never posted there myself. There are very generous with their knowledge.

Thanks,
Bob

MacbookPro 2.33 2gb os 10.4.11
FCP 5.1.4 After Effects Bootcamp XPpro

Return to posts index

patrick sheehan
on Oct 20, 2010 at 6:22:42 pm

i ran into the same problem. here's the deal:
b/c the hd-p2 records as a broadcast wav file, it is just "stamping" a timecode number at the beginning of the audio file and again at the very end. there is no separate timecode track. it is just metadata.

the good news is that final cut can read it. just go to "view" and turn on the timecode overlays in final cut. you'll see the timecode numbers in the canvas viewer window. final cut extrapolates the timecode correctly if your sequence settings are correct in final cut.

i have noticed that the timecode stamp is off by a frame or two (discrepancy between what the tascam says when you look at the timecode on it vs. what final cut says is the first tc #) - but that's a small issue really given how easy it is to slide audio by a frame or two in fcp

patrick sheehan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]