FORUMS: list search recent posts

UM400a/SR Dual as Camera Link-Hybrid VS IFB Mode

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Paris
UM400a/SR Dual as Camera Link-Hybrid VS IFB Mode
on Feb 26, 2009 at 12:11:24 am

I recently purchased a Lectrosonic SR Dual Channel Receiver with 2- Lectro 400a transmitters to use as a camera link from my Sound Devices 442. Currently everything is operating in the default "Hybrid" mode, but I'm thinking about switching everything over to IFB mode so I can use a Lectro R1a IFB Receiver for producers to switch between channels rather than spend the money for another transmitter. Will I sacrifice sound quality or range?

I'm a DP who has my own audio gear and would appreciate any guidance "The Pros" could offer. Thanks in advance.

Bill Paris
Director of Photography
Crew Hawaii Television

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: UM400a/SR Dual as Camera Link-Hybrid VS IFB Mode
on Feb 26, 2009 at 3:38:53 am

Hello Bill and Welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Given the complexities of the system, I think it would be a great idea to call Lectro and ask to speak to Larry or Karl. They are straight shooters. I'd let them sleep with my wallet.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Bill Paris
on Feb 26, 2009 at 7:53:31 am

Ty,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give them a call tomorrow. I did a little test today with both transmitters and receiver in Hybrid Mode. The IFB receiver was able to pick up the transmitters if set to the same frequency using the dials on the side, it would not scan and lock to the signal however.

Bill

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Feb 26, 2009 at 6:34:30 am

+1!

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]