FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vox Dialogic OKI ADPCM conversion

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauren McGuiness
Vox Dialogic OKI ADPCM conversion
on Feb 24, 2009 at 9:44:14 pm

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this,(apologies for posting in two forums, I didn't realize there was an audio only forum!) but I'm hoping someone can help me. I have some audio files (911 calls) that I need to convert from Vox Dialogic OKI ADPCM to AIFFs. I am having a heck of a time trying to find a program that will do this sucessfully, the only program that I have found that will even play back the files at all is a trial of the Vox software itself. I would like to avoid having to purchase that, as it's a bit expensive for my purposes. I have tried various free conversion tools that I found online, but none seem to work. I have also tried to just get playback in windows media player (which would be great as I do also have the option to just get playback and dub the audio from my laptop to mini dv), but it asks me to install the OKI ADPCM codec.., and I cannot seem to find a download for that either....arg! If anyone has any tips or tricks or ideas, they would be greatly appriciated!!

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: Vox Dialogic OKI ADPCM conversion
on Feb 25, 2009 at 1:29:10 am

Have you tried VLC Media Player yet? It'll play practically anything; I'd say it's worth a shot.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]