FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound Recording Disaster

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Whitehead
Sound Recording Disaster
on Feb 19, 2009 at 2:26:44 pm

Have been using talent to record green screen intros interviews for a short while, use a Panasonic DVCPro, shure mixer, boom and sennheiser tie mics. Never encountered this problem before. Sound check was fine, levels were fine, sounded good through the cans, no problem.

Come to capture, and the sound is distorted with a metal like effect reverberating across the speech.

I used a tape that already had recording on it, although the section we recorded to was blank, the original recording still sounds fine on capture playback. Have tried on Final Cut and AVID using two different Panasonic decks, same result.

Anybody have any ideas why god hath forsaken me?

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: Sound Recording Disaster
on Feb 19, 2009 at 11:02:20 pm

Could you post us a clip (like 15 seconds) so we can hear it? That might help a lot.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Dan Whitehead
on Feb 20, 2009 at 10:07:45 am

I am unable to at the moment due to moderation issues???? Any idea when this is resolved, do I need to allow some time before this restriction is lifted from my account?

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Feb 20, 2009 at 11:53:25 pm

Can you give us a link (URL) to a place where a good quality sample is at? Also feel free to e-mail me a sample of the problem (again, about 15 secs should be fine).

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]