FORUMS: list search recent posts

1/8" mini-plug for Sony ECM77 mic

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Speace
1/8" mini-plug for Sony ECM77 mic
on Feb 6, 2009 at 7:29:54 pm

I have an old ECM-77 mic where the xlr connector was cut off... I would like to attach a 1/8" mini-plug so I can use this mic with a Sennheiser ew100 wireless system. Can this be done? I need to know which wires to solder to the plug?

Dave

Dave Speace
Producer/Director/DP
DZP Video

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: 1/8" mini-plug for Sony ECM77 mic
on Feb 7, 2009 at 1:02:59 am

Hello Dave and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum

In a 3-wire mic, ground is pretty much pin 1. The polarity of the mic may shift relative to other lavs if you have the pin 2, pin 3 connection reversed, but you won't hurt anything.

If they are reversed and you get that one and another near each other, there will be some cancellation, but there would be even if their polarities were the same.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: 1/8" mini-plug for Sony ECM77 mic
on Feb 8, 2009 at 4:23:14 pm

David,

I apologize. There was something about my answer that bothered me and I've just been too involved with other things til this morning. I mis-read your question.

Unfortunately, the wireless mic mfgrs have never really sat down and talked about establishing standards. I'm not banging them on that, but it makes swapping mics on different wireless impossible with a few exceptions. Even within a single company the wireless mic wiring may differ.

If you haven't found a solution yet, try reaching out to Eric Toline, a friend of mine in Florida. He has G2 Sonys and has a lot of experience with the wiring. audioetc@bellsouth.net

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]