FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio levels Firestore to FCP

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark D'Agostino
Audio levels Firestore to FCP
on Jan 26, 2009 at 3:06:43 pm

I posted this in the FCP Pro and Varicam forums and am posting here to see if someone can help from the audio end...
I recorded audio from a mic to our HDX900 on Ch1. The same was recorded to Ch3, (I set both channels to the "rear" setting which is where the mic was plugged into). The audio level was averaging around -18db on Ch1. I recorded this to a firestore FS100. I then brought that into FCP,(latest update),via firewire. I dropped the clip onto the timeline bringing all audio channels with it. When I muted Ch3 the audio on Ch1 was down about 6db from the original recording. When I added Ch3 back in the the audio matched the level of the original recording. This would seem to tell me that the meter for Ch1 on the 900 is somehow adding in the level from Ch3 giving me a false level though that makes no sense. (If I only drag Ch1 audio onto the timeline that is 6db lower than the 900's meter showed during recording.) I concurrently recorded to tape and the tape playback on the camera showed the levels maintained properly. I know I can just boost levels in FCP but I was hoping this could work without a work around.

Any ideas as to how I can get the firestore file's level to match in FCP?
Thanks!

Mark D'Agostino
http://www.synergeticproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]