FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reverb set up help.

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Eklow
Reverb set up help.
on Jan 18, 2009 at 11:15:27 am

Hi.

I would like to get help to set up my reverb (or what I should use) to get a voice over to sound like its a bit further away in the room.
What should i do with predelay and room size and all other parameters.

Thanx

Christian

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Reverb set up help.
on Jan 18, 2009 at 3:43:40 pm

Generally speaking, the bigger the room the longer the reverb takes to fade away (and the higher the reverb setting). So a high amount of reverb would imply a large room. Adjust the reverb so it sounds correct for the size of your room. If it's a small room you might never hear the reverb. The pre-delay is the amount of time before reverb is applied. I'm not sure that's a control you need to use. Start off with it set to zero. You might also try eq-ing the voice a bit (cut some lows) which might make the sound seem farther away. EQ may be enough to achieve the effect you want. You probably should use the reverb sparingly. Try different settings and use what sounds right to you.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Christian Eklow
Re: Reverb set up help.
on Jan 20, 2009 at 7:13:59 pm

Thanx for the tips.
Ill try that out.

/C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]