FORUMS: list search recent posts

Solid State Device with Timecode Output?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marco Solorio
Solid State Device with Timecode Output?
on Jan 15, 2009 at 2:33:11 am

Hi all,

I'm not finding much luck with my searches and am hoping someone might have some insight into a solution. Does anyone know of a compact device (like the size of the Tascam DR-1 or Zoom H4), that can record uncompressed stereo audio, balanced inputs (XLR would be nice, but would settle for 1/4" TRS), and most importantly TIMECODE output? That's the monkey wrench in the search. All these small devices out there are really cool, but none of them have timecode output. Anything else like integrated dynamics is gravy. Really want timecode output but can't be huge like a Tascam HD-P2 or Fostex FR-2.

Thanks,

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Solid State Device with Timecode Output?
on Jan 15, 2009 at 12:53:01 pm

Hello Marco and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum,

You probably won't like the answer, but the Sound Devices 702T is smaller than the ones you don't like.

I think the reason you don't see a lot of the lower cost devices with TC is the difficulty of keeping the TC out of the audio.

Sound Devices gear is solid as a rock, btw.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
on Jan 15, 2009 at 7:58:37 pm

Hi Ty,

Thanks for the welcome. Although "welcome back" might be more in order, ha ha... I've haven't visited the audio forum in a few years! :^o

During my initial search, I did run across the Sound Devices 702T actually. It's still a bit large, but would obviously do the job and do it very well (weight and size aside).

One device I came across that is small enough and includes TC is the Zaxcom ZFR100, but only has one balanced channel input (lacks phantom power) and if you want two channels, you have to use an adapter and drops it down to line-level. So close but yet so far.

Thanks for your input,

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jan 15, 2009 at 8:22:04 pm

Hey marco,

the 702T has more memory than I do when it comes to names in forums. :)

Regards,

Ty

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Guy Cochran
on Jan 19, 2009 at 12:06:47 am

I've been looking for the same thing! I wish Edirol would take the Timecode feature of the R-4 Pro and put it in their R-09, then slap a 1/4"-20 thread or cold shoe mount so I could attach it to a camera. That would be slick.

Guy Cochran
DVcreators.net - DVeStore

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]