FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio monitor latency - with solution

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
seth peterson
audio monitor latency - with solution
on Jan 10, 2009 at 6:57:36 pm

I'm running a mixpre into a dvx100b and monitouring headphones directly from the camera Headphone output. I'm running a simple 416 and a senhiser wireless lauv.

I'm a little out of practice with the DVX100b and can't remember why I have this latency. There isn't any when I run the internal mics on the DVX. This is my first run with a mixpre. the recordings are in sync.

Recently running a RED and an FP33 I didn't have this problem. Its the same with or with out the headphone extension cabl

Edit:

Menu- Other functions- H.P. Mode- Tape to Live

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: audio monitor latency
on Jan 10, 2009 at 8:12:04 pm

I'm not familiar with the 100B, but other camcorders have a switch that either feeds the mic input or the "tape" output to the headpone jack. If you monitor the "tape" there will be a slight delay compared to the mic in.

I have a SD302 preamp, but perhaps the Mix-Pre is set up similarly. If you feed the "tape" out from the camera to the monitor in of the pre you can then switch between the mic ins to the pre and the "tape" out of the camcorder.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: audio monitor latency - with solution
on Jan 10, 2009 at 9:14:10 pm

Hello Seth and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Are you shooting in 24P? I seem to recall that 24P in that camera resulted in monitoring latency.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

seth peterson
Re: audio monitor latency - with solution
on Jan 11, 2009 at 3:29:30 am

Hey guys thanks for your help. I found it soon after I posted the thread but didn't see how to delete my post. I added that edit but maybe that wasn't very clear.

Thanks for your quick responses. Hard to remember all these different cameras.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]