FORUMS: list search recent posts

RE: Can someone help me with a quote

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
RE: Can someone help me with a quote
on Jan 2, 2009 at 12:34:27 am

I am a shooter and editor and also work as a boom mic operator, but I have never done a turnkey sound solution. My client wants to go audio and have sound taken from DVDs and burned to CDs. There are 7 two hour programs. There may need to be a little post work done to get rid of some room noise, but I don't know what until I hear the audio.

I was going to bring the audio from a DVD player into and MBOX sound card and start from there. I am going to finish with a red or orange book CD. Anyway, I can give estimates for video, in blocks, by capture time, reformatting (compressor) and DVD build. I charge 400 per DVD, all content. 100 bucks per half hour program of capture, 100 bucks per one half hour program for light editing and export to MP2.

Anyway, building the CD isn't too hard, but should I charge about 100 to 150 bucks per half hour audio episode. I am sure I will have do some minor cleanup, and I can batch the bounce down in Pro tools. I have had good results with MPEG Streamclip and Handbrake, but I don't feel good about using a ripping too in case I miss something on import. Do you guys rip audio from DVDs?

Suggestions?

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]