FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reviving archival audio

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Boucher
Reviving archival audio
on Dec 18, 2008 at 10:23:31 pm

Hi Cows,

I have an 1950's radio interview that my client would like to use for a documentary project. I use Soundtrack Pro from the Final Cut Studio as my audio app. As you might guess, the audio needs help. It;s very bassy and muffled. I've succeeded in removing the hum and background noise, boosted the amplitude and have what I would consider "a good start". It's still bassy and tough to understand, but I want to give it every effort before I give up on it.

Do any of you have any tips or tricks I might try?

Thanks!

greydogcreative.com

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Reviving archival audio
on Dec 19, 2008 at 12:25:55 am

Hello Jason and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Sounds like you're on the right track. See if STPro has a harmonic enhancer to boost the upper harmonics. Pull a bit of the 125 Hz out and see if that helps clear it up.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jason Boucher
on Dec 19, 2008 at 1:14:45 am

Thanks for your welcome and your response Ty. I visited your website and you have some very cool gear in that studio!

I look forward to trying your suggestion and I'll be sure to report back. If I have time, I'll clip off a few seconds of the result.

Best,
Jason

greydogcreative.com

Return to posts index

Jason Boucher
on Dec 19, 2008 at 9:03:58 pm

Ty,

I wanted to let you know that your suggestion yielded some decent results. It still needs some work and might not ever get where I hoped, but it is night and day from where it was.

Thanks for your guidance.

Jason

greydogcreative.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]