FORUMS: list search recent posts

Most efficiant way to get film files

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
seth peterson
Most efficiant way to get film files
on Dec 12, 2008 at 12:59:14 am

Whats the best way to get a feature film FCP file over to my studio for editing. I think he said 1T

I am in the process of picking up a book to learn these basics but wanted to get it going before I get the book.

THanks

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Most efficiant way to get film files
on Dec 12, 2008 at 9:43:04 am

Hello Seth and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

You don't give us much to go on. I don't know who "he" is but a T1 (not 1T) line is not cheap last time I checked and unless you're running a lot of traffic to make it worth your expense, sneeker-netting hard drives is the cheapest way to go if distance isn't an issue.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

seth peterson
on Dec 12, 2008 at 4:46:35 pm

Sorry about that

The FCP file that the editor has is around 1 terabyte. I've only worked with small shorts where the files are usually 15 gigs or so. Is there a way to export the file to make it smaller, like how in audio you can export to new project file with out unused media? I thought that if I got a quick time export it would be harder to clean and I would rather have the original file to work with.

Thanks

Return to posts index

seth peterson
on Dec 17, 2008 at 6:19:15 am

Just to finish post.

The editor is going to send me 15 min "reels" as a quick time video file with color code and 2 poop(new to me terms I need to get that book!)

And then export the audio in omf files. This is the only thing I'm not clear on but I assume they stay in sink or have a stamp on them.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Dec 17, 2008 at 2:02:41 pm

Seth,

It's 2-pop. :) I think it refers to two boops of sound added to a clip before a scene starts. Like a countdown.

I don't cover that in my book.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]