FORUMS: list search recent posts

pro tools please help!

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nat Rovit
pro tools please help!
on Dec 5, 2008 at 4:06:32 am

Hey,
So I recently did some foley on a short at my school. The foley was recorded with Pro Tools 7.4. When I got home with my hard drive - I don't have pro tools, there weren't any aif's on my hard drive to import into Avid for editing. I know that traditionally people open their sessions in pro tools but a friend told me this could be done. Are my files lost or do I just need to get back into a Pro Tools application to recover this data??

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: pro tools please help!
on Dec 5, 2008 at 7:54:04 am

Hello Nat and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Pro Tools records .wav, .aiff and one or two other files. A production's files are normally in one session folder on the drive. One those folders is the Audio Folder. If you have named the inputs, e.g. Trees, Wind, Bob, Water, the files should be named that way. Trees_01, Trees_02.

If you didn't name them, they will be called Audio 1, Audio 2, Audio 3, etc.

Don't know where they are, but if you find the session folder, the Audio folder should be in there.

Worst possible case, you may have to go back and open the original session with Pro Tools and export the files as aiff or wav depending on what the Avid wants. That's pretty easy. When you pop out the right side of the edit window, there's a list of files. Look for the little >> symbol at the lower right of the edit window and click on it to pop the window out. If you click on on of the files in that list, the file you clicked on will be selected on the timeline if it is being used in the timeline.

If you select all of the files you want and click on the little arrow at the top of the pop-out window, a drop down menu will offer, an "export files" choice. You can choose file format, sample rate, bit depth, and destination.

You can't open the session without Pro Tools,

Regards,

Ty Ford

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Dec 5, 2008 at 5:50:39 pm

To add on to what Ty said, also realize that you cannot open Pro Tools without the interface connected.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Nat Rovit
on Dec 8, 2008 at 8:41:18 pm

thanks for the help guys problem solved!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]