FORUMS: list search recent posts

Home studio for VO audition perposes

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Mcknight
Home studio for VO audition perposes
on Dec 4, 2008 at 3:52:44 pm

Hi - I am trying to find out what equipment I need for doing Voice Over auditions from home. I have downloaded something called Audacity. If I get a mic something like a AT2020 or Samson CO1U or Rode NTI a pop filter and hedphones will I need anything else, or should I be able to produce some pretty decent MP3 files to send on to my agents?? I really appreciate any advice on this. Limited budget!! ASAP

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: Home studio for VO audition perposes
on Dec 4, 2008 at 9:54:21 pm

A Rode NT1-A would be a great first mic. They are very sensitive and pick up everything around them (within their polar pattern, anyway).

A pop guard is a great little gem to have around; you'll find plenty of use. Make sure to get one that has wire coated in plastic/rubber and not a kind of jointed, metal shaft - I have found they don't stay in place well.

Also, I don't think that an MP3 is the format you should be using to get your work to your clients and/or agents. You want them to hear your voice and how good it sounds - that's why they need to use it, right?

Use a high-quality format such as .WAV or .AIFF to ensure that.

Best of luck; I'll add on some more stuff later, but I need sleep...it's been two days and it's starting to take its toll.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Home studio for VO audition perposes
on Dec 5, 2008 at 1:30:23 am

Hell Amanda and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Get an AT202USB mic, plug it in to the USB port of your computer, switch the computer audio control panel so it recognizes the mic, bring up the audio software and make sure the mic is selected for an input.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]