FORUMS: list search recent posts

recomendations

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tom davicory
recomendations
on Dec 1, 2008 at 10:03:23 pm

Brief question: Would a Nady microphone be a good buy? In other words, Does anyone know anything about "Nady systems"? i can't find anything, never heard of them.

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: recomendations
on Dec 1, 2008 at 11:10:28 pm

Save your money.

Buy once, cry once.

What type of microphone were you looking at? Shotgun, handheld, wireless?

Maybe we can give you some ideas to save up for.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

tom davicory
on Dec 2, 2008 at 8:05:02 pm

I'm looking for a shotgun microphone, this is a christmas offer from my parents (im 15, interested in film making) and they set a limit at around 100 dollars. I would pay out of my pocket to add to the price range, but im already spending a ton on a recording device, and i dont want to blow my wallet.

Return to posts index

tom davicory
on Dec 2, 2008 at 8:42:56 pm

I was wondering... would it be better to get a not so good microphone, but with xlr, or to get a better microphone with the 1/4 inch input cable thing.

If i do get something with xlr, would an xlr to 1/4 inch input ruin the sound quality? I would need a 1/4 inch plug for the recording device im using.

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Dec 2, 2008 at 10:44:02 pm

I can't think of any "better" microphones that have 1/4" outputs, except maybe ones intended for use with harmonica/blues harp and a guitar amp.

I would go for a mic with XLR's so you at least know that the connector can't be pulled out. As far as a 1/4" plug goes, realize that there are 2 types: balanced (TRS) and unbalanced (TS)

A balanced 1/4" has 2 connectors (the Tip & Ring) and a ground (the Sleeve) and looks like this.
An unbalanced 1/4" has only a Tip and Sleeve, with the Sleeve acting as both a conductor and grounding connection. This is what it looks like.

What is the recorder you have in mind? Name, model, etc. would help us help you more.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]