FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor stops working at audio stream

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Melinda Hess
Compressor stops working at audio stream
on Nov 15, 2008 at 6:42:38 pm

Hi,
I'm hoping one of you audio experts might be able to help out with this problem. I posted my situation yesterday in the FC group- Compressor stopped compressing mid way- it successfully encoded the video stream, not the audio. Thinking it was another problem, I've searched the forums and finally did the lengthy de & re-install of compressor from the original FCP2 discs- so I'm now back to running 3.0.

I then submitted the same file that had stopped compressing the night before. It did the same thing again- successfully encoded the video stream, but NOT the audio. Compressor stopped working in exactly in the same place as it did the night before. From an old forum, someone had a similiar problem 3 years ago.
I think I've narrowed down to having a bad audio file for at least one video I'm trying to encode.

So a few questions- How does an audio file get corrupted? How did you figure out the bad file and how did you fix it?

I'm on a tight deadline (of course) so any suggestions are most welcomed.
Thanks very much
Melinda

Convivial Design Studio
Abiquiu, NM 87510

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Compressor stops working at audio stream
on Nov 15, 2008 at 10:53:51 pm

Hello Melinda and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

There are a lot of ways in which an audio file can become corrupted. It could also be that the production is corrupted. That you suspect it is is all that matters.

A lot depends on how long the project is and how many audio files you have. If the render gets part the way through before choking on the audio, my first inclination would be to look where the render jams.

You could also just render short sections in various places to see where it burps. Finally, you could pul them all out and try adding them several at a time until the render chokes.

I'm truly sorry for your pain.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]