FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser Wireless Lav problem

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Cannon
Sennheiser Wireless Lav problem
on Nov 5, 2008 at 10:43:45 pm

Hi,
I have a Panasonic HVX200a and recently purchased a couple of sets wireless audio equipment http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/324228-REG/Sennheiser_EW100ENGG2_B_Ev...

My issue is that whenever i hook up a lav, i check my levels and they are not peaking on the on camera meter or peaking on my waveform when i bring my clips into post... BUT, the audio still is peaking somewhere because it peaks out in sound quality, it seems that turning volume down lowers the overall level in camera but for some reason it still peaks out.

Im confused and will be playing with the equipment tonight, but any input might help.

"None but ourselves can free our minds"

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Sennheiser Wireless Lav problem
on Nov 5, 2008 at 11:50:30 pm

Hello Eric and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum,

Per the receiver tech sheet below, I'm guessing you have the camera input set to mic and the audio output of the receiver set to line. Switch the camera input to line and see hou you do.

Regards,

Ty ford

Receiver
Technical Data EM 100 EK 100
Receiver type rack mount receiver portable receiver
Receiver principle true diversity non-diversity
Antenns inputs 2 BNC sockets, 50 Ω -
AF output level XLR and 1/4" (6.3 mm) jack sockets 3 1/2mm jack socket
Max. output level balanced: + 10 dBu unbalanced: + 10 dBu
unbalanced: + 4 dBu

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Sennheiser Wireless Lav problem
on Nov 11, 2008 at 8:14:23 am

What does it sound like at the camera when recording.
You might be encountering "front end distortion" where the input signal is too hot for the input electronics and hits the wall. This would make the waveform look ok but the audio would suffer badly.

On the sennheisers you can pad down the input on the tx device in 10 db increments. Also handy when you want to send a line level signal down the link, or you can invert the tip and ring on the plug to do line level as per manual instructions.

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]