FORUMS: list search recent posts

deleted SDII files on a Mac

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Clouse
deleted SDII files on a Mac
on Nov 1, 2008 at 8:33:16 pm

this is a bizarre situation involving Digital Performer, a Mac OS X and a Glyph drive. I had finished a session and was about to do some rough mix bounces to AIFF. I had an incomplete bounce so I dragged it to the trash and emptied it. Then I noticed files started disappearing off the sequence. The physical track was there but the audio was missing. I opened the audio folder and every snare, kik, hat and toms file was gone but not the overheads, piano or vocal; these are all mono files. The audio folder was closed; I couldn't have possibly highlighted all those files; they're not even listed in order. And the entire session was there up till then or it wouldn't have played back.
Any ideas for un-deleting? Data Rescue can't see SDII files, by the way.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: deleted SDII files on a Mac
on Nov 1, 2008 at 11:02:10 pm

Hello Jim and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

My sympathies. Have you tried the Digidesign Users Conference?

The deal, as far as I know, They may be there, but not visible. You don't want to write ANYTHING to that drive until you figure out if there's anything you can use to get the files back, otherwise you may overwrite the files you want to recover.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jim Clouse
on Nov 2, 2008 at 6:12:17 am

Hi Ty,
Thanks for your quick reply. I'm not aware of the Digi Users Conference. Can you give me some info on it?

Thanks,
Jim

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Nov 2, 2008 at 11:06:07 am

Hello Jim

A historical note: SDII, Sound Designer II, is a software created by Digidesign. It's more commonly seen as a file type these day. The original Sound Designer came out around 1985.

The Digidesign Users Conference (DUC) is an online forum of Digidesign users, both Mac and PC.
Perhaps someone there has had the same problem you've had and can help find the SDII files,

http://duc.digidesign.com/

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]