FORUMS: list search recent posts

Big Purchases

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rodney Morris
Big Purchases
on Oct 31, 2008 at 1:42:40 pm

Faced with the reality that my trusted LectroSonics 210D wireless receivers (Block 28) will be "illegal" in a couple of months, it's time to start saving money for the purchase of a couple of 411 systems. Because I'm not independently wealthy, I needed to find a good way to buy them without breaking the bank. Some of you may find yourself in the same situation. Yesterday, I applied for a credit card with 0% APR on purchases for the first 12 months. Considering the current credit crisis of many banks and the fed lowering interest rates yet again, I think we'll see more of these offers floating around over the next year. Anyway, purchasing the wirelesses on this card will give me the option to pay for the them over the next year, without having to pay any interest at all.

I know this isn't explicitly audio related, but hopefully it will help some of the rest of you who find yourself caught in the same situation. I don't normally advise people to borrow lots of money, and it will be the first time my business has been in debt in about 3 years, but now is a good time to take advantage of the system, provided you are disciplined to paying it back within the terms.

Rodney

Freelance Sound Technician/Mixer

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: Big Purchases
on Oct 31, 2008 at 6:08:26 pm

Hi Rodney-

One more thing that you (or anyone else) might check out, is the leasing program that TAI Audio was offering (it was on their website but I don't see it now). I don't know if it would be better than a credit card or not but, it's another option. Also, they take trade-ins so you might at least get something out of systems.

I have the 411a's already but they're on block 28...arrgh! So, at some point I'll have to send them off to Lectrosonics for the conversion.

Dave

Return to posts index

Rodney Morris
Re: Big Purchases
on Oct 31, 2008 at 8:48:38 pm

That's good to know Dave. I purchased my 210s from TAI audio, so they should give me a repeat customer discount or something. :-)

Freelance Sound Technician/Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]