FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless system for EFP

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Schneider
Wireless system for EFP
on Oct 30, 2008 at 1:43:30 pm

I handle equipment purchases for my company and we are about to invest in our first audio package. I am talking about shotgun, field monitor, wireless lav, and accessories.

Can you recommend a wireless lav system for a high end corporate video production house? We do not do a lot of broadcast video and our clients standards are not exceptionally high in this area. So I am looking for something in a mid to lower price range.

Thank you,

Tom

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Wireless system for EFP
on Oct 30, 2008 at 4:23:08 pm

Hello Tom and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Sennheiser Evolution g2 or Audio Technica 1800 wireless should work for you. Just make sure you get the right version for your geographical area. You want to be sure there aren't too many TV stations on or near the frequency of your wireless. Your dealer should help you.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Guy Cochran
on Oct 30, 2008 at 10:53:24 pm

I'd also recommend the Sennheiser Evolotion G2 series.
The receivers come in two styles. Rackmount or camera mount.

To give you an idea, you might want to take a look at this video.
http://vimeo.com/1926732

That is the rackmount version. However, the bodypack/camera mount version is essentially the same. The lavalier that he is using is the higher end Sennheiser MKE-2. It's not the stock ME-2 lav mic that comes with the system.

Guy Cochran
DVcreators.net - DVeStore

Return to posts index

Guy Cochran
on Oct 31, 2008 at 12:12:47 am

Just realized that I could embed the movie here.
To clarify, the headset being used is the Sennhesier HSP-4, he announces when he switches to the MKE-2. They sound remarkably similar. The receiver on the camera is the Evolution G2 100 series feeding directly into the camera via XLR. The complete set for the EW112PG-2 is around $549. That's Bodypack transmitter, receiver, ME2 lav, camera mount and cables. For something a little less expensive without all the bells and whistles. You might want to look at the Audio Technica Pro88. And for more expensive, go for the Lectrosonics with the Sanken COS11 lavs.

Super high quality Wireless microphone set-up for church, school, corporate... from Guy Cochran on Vimeo.

Guy Cochran
DVcreators.net - DVeStore

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]