FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compatible Audio files?.....

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Banks
Compatible Audio files?.....
on Oct 22, 2008 at 10:35:04 am

Hi,
I am in no way an audio professional, but I thought that by posting my problems here that I might be able to get some help from someone who is.

I am trying to compress a video with audio from After Effects to play on a PC using Windows Media Player. WMP plays the video the smoothest out of all of the players I have tried.

The issue however comes with the audio. Initally I exported the video using the H.264 compressor with uncompressed audio. The audio would not play in WMP.

I then tried the different audio compressors that come with After Effects and found that the IMA4:1 compressor is the only one that will allow my to play the sound as well as video in WMP. However the audio is crakly.

I have tried installing a Klite codec package and ffdshow codec into WMP however I am unsure if they are making a difference.

Does anyone know which audio compressor would be the best to use to get the cleanest audio playback in Windows Media Player 11 without having to install further codecs?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am having a great deal of trouble with this audio.

Many thanks,
Martin.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Compatible Audio files?.....
on Oct 22, 2008 at 8:03:50 pm

We use either Squeeze or Flip4Mac to make wmvs. If you render out a QT movie from AfterFX that includes the audio track, you can then import that into another app to make the wmv. I've never tried making a wmv directly from AfterFX. You could also try a post on the Compression Techniques forum. http://forums.creativecow.net/forum/compressiontechniques

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.4 QT7.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]