FORUMS: list search recent posts

downconvert to .wav or .au 8KHz mono?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
downconvert to .wav or .au 8KHz mono?
on Oct 6, 2008 at 9:48:54 pm

I have a sound file 16bit, 44Hkz Mono and a client needs it down converted to 8Khz mono. This is to upload to a phone mail system. I haven't done this in so long, that Apple Compressor or Pro Tools doesn't have that low of a conversion setting. I also have Apple Soundtrack 5.

I have an old version of Adobe Audition 1.1 on a PC, but I have to see if that will work.

Any freeware out there to do the job?

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: downconvert to .wav or .au 8KHz mono?
on Oct 7, 2008 at 12:04:10 am

Hello Nelson and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum

DIfferent phone systems sometimes use different file formats. Are you sure it's an 8 kHz .wav file?

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Nelson May
on Oct 7, 2008 at 1:06:02 am

That is what directions were emailed to me. I thought 22Khz was the lowest. That is what is confusing me.

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Nelson May
on Oct 7, 2008 at 1:11:03 am

Actually I found the format in AA as an ACM (.wav) format with a drop down menu with a telephone option. I am going to save as, 8KHz, 16 Bit Mono. I am not sure what this is going to sound like, but I guess I can send it out again.

Return to posts index

bouke vahl
on Oct 7, 2008 at 11:58:54 am

In the old days of multimedia i've used a lot of low sample rate files.
One thing i've learned, compress the sound and make it as loud as possible before going to 8 Khz

Bouke

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pro's

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]