FORUMS: list search recent posts

High-end Wireless System Advice Needed

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Golden
High-end Wireless System Advice Needed
on Sep 22, 2008 at 4:46:52 pm

I am the Media Pastor for my church and am about to replace some 10 year old Shure U1-UA UHF systems. These were the best ones we could find for the money when they were purchased, but I want to step it up a notch in the future if I can afford to.
In your opinion, what is the next best wireless lavalier system? I have been pleased with Shure's reliability (no problems in 10 years) so dependability is crucial to me. I believe that the Shure body packs have 35 milliwatts of output. A stronger RF signal output has become important to me in this next purchase because of increasing interference quirks that we contend with week-to-week.
Thanks, all, for your input.
Greg Golden

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: High-end Wireless System Advice Needed
on Sep 22, 2008 at 6:07:12 pm

Hi Greg,

Do you tape and/or broadcast your services? Or is the wireless system just for sound reinforcement? In any case, I know Lectrosonics has wireless systems that have 50mW and 100mW power. They are also rugged and dependable units. Their website is http://www.lectrosonics.com. From the home page, if you click on the box tited Worship Centers you'll find some (hopefully) helpful information on systems. At least check out the R400A and LMa.

Dave

Return to posts index

Greg Golden
on Sep 22, 2008 at 9:12:15 pm

Thanks for the reply. We stream audio and video as well as provide audio Podcasts and CD distribution for those not quite as tech savvy. Lectrosonics is the brand that I felt would be recommended, although I have only today gotten very deep into their equipment line. I appreciate your mention of them as this adds weight to what I'm beginning to learn.
Best regards,
Greg Golden

Greg Golden

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Sep 22, 2008 at 10:40:51 pm

Hello Greg and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum,

More power may or may not help the situation. You need to discover the cause of the problem. It could be that your parishoners' cell phones are the cause. More power will not likely help that because their phones are so close. You might try repositioning the receivers closer to the transmitters and cabling back to the audio gear or try using more directional antennae on the receivers.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Ray Palmer
on Sep 29, 2008 at 9:13:09 pm

Are you running any directional antennas? They can be ganged together and as along as they are within freq ranges, and they can use the same antenna and distribution.

Ray Palmer, Engineer
Salt River Project
Phoenix, AZ
602-236-8224 office
There are three types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]