FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Shark Fin" Antenna Use

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Jones
"Shark Fin" Antenna Use
on Sep 17, 2008 at 9:04:16 pm

Hi All-

I am looking at using the ALP500 "shark fin" antenna with my Lecto 411a's, and was wondering if I need to have two for each receiver I'm using (since they're diversity), or if I can use one shark fin and one whip antenna.

Dave

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: "Shark Fin" Antenna Use
on Sep 18, 2008 at 2:59:59 am

Hello David,

One directional antenna is not as good as two. You can, of course, move the receivers closer to the transmitters and cable back to your mixer if reception gets weak.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Greg Curda
Re: "Shark Fin" Antenna Use
on Oct 3, 2008 at 12:11:54 pm

Hi guys,

I've also found that you have to be very specific in your coverage of high gain, directional antennas. Often they can be a nuisance at close range, where an omni antenna would be more useful. I've only used them in conjunction with a multi wireless scenario and not with single units. I have sometimes switched back to the stock whips for closer work. I have also moved the whips into the action on a C stand or something with good results (keeping the coax cable run as short as possible). David's idea of paddle and whip combo might be good for a long, tracking "walk and talk" where you need the range at first, but end up close...If you try it, will you let me know how it works??

G

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]