FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automotive Sound Gathering

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shannon Appleby
Automotive Sound Gathering
on Sep 15, 2008 at 6:24:22 pm

Hello all,
To the Audio Professionals, I am primarily a video professional. I need to gather audio samples of Motorcycle Exhaust systems for product descriptions online.
I would also like to have these availabe as stock audio samples. Please give me a heads up on equipment, setup, workflow, recording etc.
If you have any experience in this with audio gathering similar to this please post.

I am guessing that I will need a certain type of microphone, a certain distance, mic angle and avoid any reflection of sound obviously.
I thought about puting the motorcycles outside on a large peice of carpet or grass and not ahving any buildings around to reflect sound. What are your thoughts.

I will also be making these sound samples available to stock houses if anyone is interested.

Current mics - Sennheiser ME66 K6 model shotgun
EV RE50B
Rode NT1A with Shock Mount

Please advise if any of these will work or what should be used instead.

Shannon Appleby
My Boyz Productions
J&P Cycles Inc.
Anamosa, Iowa
AVID Xpress Pro, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, PC, NO MAC, Brightcove

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Automotive Sound Gathering
on Sep 15, 2008 at 8:40:18 pm

Hello Shannon and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum,

The re50 should do. If it's omni pattern is too big, try a Sennheiser MD 46.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Shannon Appleby
Re: Automotive Sound Gathering
on Sep 15, 2008 at 9:06:40 pm

Thanks Ty, I will give that one a try.... Should be able to maintain the right distance without getting too much echoe or outside sound. That mic has worked out great for Talent work...
Check out http://www.jpcycles.com/video and watch the 2008 Open House with Michele Smith.... Great example of the audio from that mic.

Shannon Appleby
My Boyz Productions
J&P Cycles Inc.
Anamosa, Iowa
AVID Xpress Pro, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, PC, NO MAC, Brightcove

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]