FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vinyal start and stop plugin

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andy raben
Vinyal start and stop plugin
on Sep 11, 2008 at 3:04:57 pm

Does anyone know of a VST plugin that can produce the sound of someone hitting the stop button on a reccordplayer. for example: you have a ad that has positive music at the beginning and negative at the end and you want to add a edit, vinyl slow down effect to stop the music and then the negative picks up. would be great if you could controll the amount of time and distortion. as well as if the plugin would work for a vinyl startup.

Any reccomendations would be great.

Thanks
Andy

Return to posts index

Roland Heap
Re: Vinyal start and stop plugin
on Sep 17, 2008 at 10:56:49 am

I suspect this won't be the most useful of replies as it's something I've also been looking for for a while!

There used to be a plugin that did this - it was called scratch, and it was made by Serato. They discontinued it a year or two ago. I've been looking for something similar ever since but to no avail.

Serato integrated the technology into Final Scratch - their DJ/ Virtual Record suite - and so whenever I need to do this now I send my files to a friend who has this suite and he scratches/stops/whatever for me.

The other solution is to use a generic record stopping sound effect and just place it over the cut - this has worked well for me at a pinch. Doesn't help with vari-speeding though.

To get an authentic sounding vinyl simulator try Vinyl by Izotope - and it's free!

http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/downloads.php/id/2842/software/Vinyl/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]