FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing intonation to rearrange a sentence.

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corbin Gross
Changing intonation to rearrange a sentence.
on Sep 2, 2008 at 4:11:21 pm

Do you guys think this is possible?

I'm using Soundbooth CS3 (along with the rest of the production studio to edit), I recorded in Pro Tools LE. I have the talent talking about several T-Shirts we carry (I work at a wholesaler). Since recording the spot, we've discontinued one of the styles. It is, of course, the last shirt of the sentence so if I just cut it out it will sound like a question instead of a statement. I'd attach a sound bite if I knew how, sorry.

I can move an "and" easily enough and I know how to adjust volume over time but can I adjust pitch similarly? If not I'll just put this video on hold until the next batch, or call him up and have him say "and a raglan, cap sleeve tee." in his studio.

Around here we tend to do every thing by the seat of our pants, so this sort of thing comes up occasionally.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Rodney Morris
Re: Changing intonation to rearrange a sentence.
on Sep 3, 2008 at 12:37:42 am

I've tried many times in ProTools to manipulate the pitch of a word (or in some cases, just part of the word) in order to get the intonation/inflection to work after editing. 99% of the time it just sounds weird and doesn't work. There is that 1% that does work, and that's why I'll keep trying. You're better off trying to find another take and cut and paste. It doesn't always have to be a take of the same sentence.

I haven't used Soundbooth, but I can tell you that what you're trying to do is very difficult, at best, even in a fully featured DAW.

Freelance Sound Technician/Mixer

Return to posts index

Corbin Gross
Re: Changing intonation to rearrange a sentence.
on Sep 3, 2008 at 1:56:41 pm

Thanks, that's what I thought.
I always like to check first, just incase the answer is, "Yes, you just do this, and this."

Corbin Gross
Creative Services
Marketing
SanMar Corp.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]