FORUMS: list search recent posts

Genelec 8030A vs. Adam A7

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keng Hong, Tang
Genelec 8030A vs. Adam A7
on Aug 26, 2008 at 5:58:30 am

Hi,

We currently own a pair of 8030A and are very happy with the performance. We are thinking of getting another pair for our second edit station but the supplier told me to consider the Adam A7, which according to them, is equally good if not better.

Regradless of the price difference, can someone with experience on both speakers enlighten me on which one is better indeed?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
KH

Return to posts index

Rodney Morris
Re: Genelec 8030A vs. Adam A7
on Aug 27, 2008 at 1:28:57 am

Well I see no one has posted anything here. I've not used those exact models, but I have mixed with Genelec and Adam monitors.

You won't be disappointed with the Adam. Due to the ribbon tweeters, high frequency reproduction is very smooth and is less likely to give you ear fatigue after long periods of use.

However, you already have Genelecs in one edit room. I'm a big fan of consistency between rooms. Both rooms should sound the same (in my opinion). Others would argue that by having Genelec in one room and Adam in the other it would give you the ability to check the mix on more than one system (which is recommended). So it kind of depends on your philosophy.

Asking whether the Adam A7 is better than the Genelec 8030A is akin to asking if the Porsche 911 turbo is better than the Audi R8. It depends on your preferences. I think you'll be happy either way. Ask your supplier if you can try the A7 and if you don't like it, maybe you could exchange them for the Genelec monitors. Just a thought.

Freelance Sound Technician/Mixer

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Aug 29, 2008 at 1:55:58 pm

Hello Keng and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum,

::I'm checking in from a vacation in Maine, so you won't hear much from me.::
Rodney makes good points in both arguments. Although still untested by the market, the new Event Opal monitors deserve a look/listen. I heard them at the press event earlier this month.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Keng Hong, Tang
on Aug 30, 2008 at 10:47:27 am

Hi Rodney and Ty,

I just come back from a three day shooting. Thanks for the inputs, I shall check with my supplier whether I can take a listen to the Adam's to make a comparison.

Cheers,
KH

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]