FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good Headphones (without coiled cord) or Earphones

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wes Browning
Good Headphones (without coiled cord) or Earphones
on Aug 19, 2008 at 7:24:53 pm

I'm shooting with the Sony PMW-EX1 and need to upgrade my headphones. I have a pair of Sony MDR-V600's that I use when editing, but I hate the heavy coiled cord. I've been wanting to go with something like the MDR-7506 headphones, but I'm hesitant because of the coiled cord it comes with. Does Sony make this headphone without a coiled cord or a comparable model with a straight cord? Do the 7506 headphones get in the way if you hold the camera up to your face?

Return to posts index

Will Salley
Re: Good Headphones (without coiled cord) or Earphones
on Aug 19, 2008 at 9:20:30 pm

[Wes Browning] "Does Sony make this headphone without a coiled cord or a comparable model with a straight cord?" Unfortunately No. I've had probably a dozen or more pairs of 7506s since they were introduced and I've never had a single issue with the drivers or anything else, they only get replaced when the coiled cable gets stretched.

[Wes Browning] "Do the 7506 headphones get in the way if you hold the camera up to your face? "
Not on an EX-1, but a larger, shoulder mount camera will hit the back of the can. the 7506s are less bulky, or at least more narrow, than some of the other pro level headsets so outside of going to in-ear (earbuds designed for live music monitoring), the 7506s are the way to go. By the way, the in-ear option has become a lot better in the last few years but be prepared to pay double or triple the price of the 7506s. The better models will be custom fitted to your ear and should be as isolating as possible.

Primary System Info
Mac Pro 2x3.2 Quadcore - 10.5.4 - QT 7.5 - 6MBram - nvidia8800GT - SATA internal & external storage - Blackmagic Multibridge Pro (v6.7)- Open GL 1.5.6 - Wacom Intous2 tablet

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Good Headphones (without coiled cord) or Earphones
on Aug 20, 2008 at 4:23:17 pm

Welcome to the Cow Audio Forum Wes,

Will's right. The only thing I have heard bad about in-ear monitors is a comment that they don't deliver much low end. I don't know. I haven't tried them.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]