FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice on Lav Mic Systems

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raymond Tarry
Advice on Lav Mic Systems
on Aug 14, 2008 at 3:09:42 pm

Hello, I'm equipping myself to shoot interviews, depositions and possibly weddings with my DVX100A camera. I'm considering a Sennhauser system that sells around $549. If there is a cheaper way to go, I'd like to know it. Below is a quote from a recorder of depositions called videomaker that illustrates what I mean.

It is important to have at least one high-quality, reliable, interference-free wireless lavalier mike. Stay away from inexpensive mikes that may not deliver consistent performance.

"Wired lapel mikes are a different story," says Goffe. "I got really tired of careless attorneys throwing my $200 wired lavs mikes on the floor, dropping books on them and winding the wires into knots." He now uses what he calls "disposable" lapel mikes, units that set him back about $40 each. "These cheaper wired lapel mikes work very well, and they cost so little that using them in any situation is worry- free."

Are these cheaper lapel mics worth it? I'd like to know what you think - Thanks Raymond

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]