FORUMS: list search recent posts

Noise Cancelling Headphones

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Reynolds
Noise Cancelling Headphones
on Aug 6, 2008 at 10:06:43 am

On a recent long plane flight I used a pair of noise cancelling headphones and was quite impressed.
Has anyone used this type of headphone for location sound recording.. if so have you discovered any problems?

Return to posts index

Will Salley
Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones
on Aug 6, 2008 at 6:38:47 pm

Here is a post regarding these:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/30/857881

Primary System Info
Mac Pro 2x3.2 Quadcore - 10.5.4 - QT 7.5 - 6MBram - nvidia8800GT - SATA internal & external storage - Blackmagic Multibridge Pro (v6.7)- Open GL 1.5.6 - Wacom Intous2 tablet

Return to posts index

Stephen Muir
Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones
on Aug 13, 2008 at 9:46:50 pm

Noise-cancellation headphones can have very unpredictable results. Its one thing to use them to listen to music in an airplane. If, on the other hand, you were trying to record dialogue on that airplane, the headphones would likely play havoc with what you're actually hearing.

If conventional monitoring headphones (eg. Sony MDR-7506) aren't giving you enough isolation, check out the Remote Audio HN-7506. With them, you know exactly what you're hearing: no fancy phase cancellation or realtime audio processing, just big-honkin isolation baffles. I picked up a pair to record heavy machinery, and they've since become my `phones of choice for field recording.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]