FORUMS: list search recent posts

Radio Mics...

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Reynolds
Radio Mics...
on Jul 3, 2008 at 7:54:25 am

Im looking to purchase 2x UHF Lapel radio mic systems... they would be used for the production of Commercials, Docos, Travel, Gardening, Cooking and Childrens TV programs. The mics would be omni, the Tx units need to have the ability of an xlr i/p (mic /line)via adaptor cable. Idealy the RX units would be diversity and dont want them to cost an arm and a leg to purchase or run.
Any suggestions (positive OR negative) welcome from users of systems with a similar setup
My options at this stage would be....
Sony UWPC1, Sony UWP-V1 or Sennheiser ew 112-p G2(is this a diversity unit?)
OR any others.
I dont think my budget would run to Micron of Lectrosonic

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Radio Mics...
on Jul 3, 2008 at 10:58:37 am

Hello Brian and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Add the Audio-Technica 1800 to your research.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Jul 3, 2008 at 3:43:22 pm

Hi Brian-

I'm a huge fan and user of Lectrosonics, but most wireless systems out today are pretty good and will give you what you want.

Most companies now have dual systems (where you have one receiver able to receive two independent transmitter paths). Lectrosonics SR, Audio Technica ATW-1821, and Sony-862B (though, the list price on this one is $4K!) I have also used the Sennheiser ew series without any problems, but I feel like it's so delicate, that one bump and it's toast! And coming from a mixer stand point, there are no numbers on the level meters so you're not really sure what they are set at.

Anyway, if you can't afford lectro, I would go with something from Sony.

Return to posts index

John Hatcher
on Jul 3, 2008 at 10:06:57 pm

I love Lectros too. They're the best bar none. Now, you asked about the Senny Evolution series. I've used those too and they work ok. They don't have diversity though. I've also had them act flaky sometimes. For the money though, they aren't bad if you're on a tight budget. A lot of guys are using the Sennheisers now. I even see network shows using them. I sold mine though and spent the money for some good Lectro units.

Hope that helps. Feel free to email me any questions!
John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]