FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice on installing a remote computer room

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bertman
Advice on installing a remote computer room
on Jun 21, 2008 at 10:50:57 pm

Hey everyone. I'm not sure which forum this should be posted in:

I am a video/sound editor. My office gets very warm with the MacPro, hard drives, Fibre channel raid, and monitors. My central air cant keep it cool enough. So, I decided to buy a small AC, install it in a closet and move a lot of the noisy and heat creating gear in there....

Seeing as I will have to install some dedicated power outlets in the closet, I was thinking I might as well also install a few wall plates so I can connect neatly without a mass of cables running under the closet door.

However, I cant seem to find any place that sells firewire 800 wall plates. I cant be the first person attempting this. Has anyone had any luck finding firewire 800 wall plates... Or, a place in the Los Angeles area that will install that kind of stuff properly (I was going to call an electrician).

Also, does anyone have any advice as to exactly what ports I should include in the wall plate to "future proof" my set up? I was thinking FW 800, FW 400, USB, and and Ethernet. And seeing as I do video editing, maybe an HDMI or coax port...

Thanks in advance for any advise of suggestions

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]