FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tempo, samples, and confusion...

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Abourezk
Tempo, samples, and confusion...
on Jun 20, 2008 at 10:05:25 pm

Hi All,

Okay then. I am working on a video project (Exercise video). The client provided me with two cds of music to use for the production and edit. I need to slow down the music from 140bpm to 130bpm which is not much of a problem (simple math), but I have two questions...

1) IN addition to slowing down the music, I need to change the sampling rate to 48khz for my video editing program. I have done this a million times for typical projects, but in this case I am concerned (because of a lack of knowledge) that the physical length of the song might change when I change the sampling rate. This may be a lame question, but is there a possibility that the music length will change (even a little) by converting the sampling rate from 44.1 to 48?

2) Relating to the first question a bit...the audio tool I am using (Soundtrack Pro) does not let me readjust the tempo/length of the songs by percentages. So the best and most accurate method I have to calculate the new song length is to multiply the total samples of the song by 1.077. This is where my confusion comes in regard to question 1. If I am changing the samples of the song, then later changing the sampling rate, can I be sure that the song is playing at the proper, slower tempo?

Sorry for being so verbose, hope this all makes sense..

Talkingbox Digital Media Group, Inc.
http://www.talkingboxdmg.com
(203) 327-6617

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]